Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Start of a new week-- intensity going up!

This is an update for yesterday (Monday). I wasn't able to update yesterday because I was really tired from the workout. =) Any who, we did weigh in and I still weigh 188lbs which means I didn't gain or lose any weight. I guess it's a good change because 2 weeks back I gained like 3 lbs, then I gained 1 lb the following week, now I stopped...maybe, just maybe it will start going down. *fingers crossed* I guess you can say that I kinda have given up on weigh loss as the only sign of success in my workouts. I figured if I feel like my clothes are fitting better but my weight isn't changing much then I am fine with that. It could also be gaining of muscle that can push your weigh higher as well. I'll still continue to weigh myself just to keep track but I won't get all sad about it if I don't lose too much weight. =)

So this was the beginning of a new week for the running workout and also meant a change of pace for the strength training. For running, it calls for 2 miles with alternating jogging and walking (not the same distance). Ron was able to finish his 2 miles with a nice puddle of sweat soaking into his shirt. But he completed it. While Ron was doing his 2 miles I did my 2 miles then completed the remaining of what Ron had... which meant I did about 3.25 miles total. By the end of the workout I was sweating like crazy which felt great. After the running workout, we headed to the weights.

The weights this week went up from 2 sets to 3 sets but a decrease of reps. So last week it was basically 2 sets of 12 reps of a certain routine of exercises, now we have 3 sets of 10 reps for the same exercises this week. It's actually a pretty good workout considering that the first stage of this workout we did 2 sets of 15 reps, then went 2 sets of 12 which meant less reps made you feel like you can make your weight heavier. With this in mind, when we then moved to 3 sets with 10 reps, we basically kept at the same heavier weights but are doing more sets. So we're not always doing the same things, but instead challenging the muscles as we change the sets and reps. By the end of the workout, I was ready to go home! haha 

Today is a break day so we're not going to the gym tonight. But this week we will be doing Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday for the remaining gym days. We also started drinking the protein shake last night. We mixed milk and the powder and then let it sit in with ice in a glass so when you drink it, it's super cold and the protein shake taste isn't as noticeable. Also I had gotten a hair cut recently (lady totally messed it up...*sigh*) but now my hair is shorter and I can wear it in two pig tails. I noticed that when my hair gets longer if I wear it in a single pony tail it tends to hurt my head and it feels heavy in one area since there's only 1 pony tail. So I try to keep my hair short enough so that I don't feel my hair bouncing so much on the back of my head that it might separate from my scalp. =P 

Anyways, today is break day. So I will update again tomorrow. =) 

1 comment:

  1. Aw man I want a break day...man you're not losing anything cuz you're in good shape..freaken tall person haha j'p. but yea dang you're getting a lot stronger.LOL omg i want to see your hear..hahah you're gonna be stronger on one side cuz of the extra weight of your ponytail haha j'p

    ReplyDelete