Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Running and getting stronger...

Yesterday we went to the gym and continued our workout. It was a 2 mile run from the 2nd week of training and some strength training. Ron did his 2 miles which was good and I ended up running a little over 3 miles. I was able to get down to a 10 minute pace for about a mile and a half which felt really good. Some how just had a little more energy than before. Even when I was running at the 10 minute pace, my arms kept me going and I felt a lot stronger. I think it might be thanks to the strength training program we're on. Anyways, we also did a round of the usual weights and after all of it, I felt pretty damn good. =) I was tired but I felt recovered so that's pretty cool.

Tomorrow we will probably run on the street again and take a break on the weights. I may take an early run in the morning and see how I feel. I think I will be probably need to invest in new running shoes since my big toe on my left foot is starting to feel a little pain...I think I favor the inner side of my foot causing me to put more pressure on the big toe. But overall it's going well and I shall update the blog tomorrow after the run. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment