Sunday, August 16, 2009

Close to the end of the 2nd week

So the training has been going well so far. We continued with our training for running and with the weights. It was a difficult week since the running and the strength training routine increased, so definitely a lot more tiring workouts. We actually missed a day of the gym this week(Thursday) because my car had a flat tire when we parked at the gym. It took all my strength to get the lug nuts off the wheel since it's been a while since they have moved. By the time we were able to put the doughnut on the car, we were tired from the whole ordeal. It may seem silly, but seriously I was using my full body strength on the wrench to get those stubborn things off the wheel. To make a long story short the next day all my muscles were super sore-- the muscles between my shoulder blades, my legs (butt, hamstrings, calves). But besides missing that day, all the workouts were pretty good.

Yesterday, we actually went out to run on the street so that Ron can start having his body adapt to running on the street. For me running on a treadmill vs. running on the street are different things. For one, the band of the treadmill moves for you so you don't have to really move yourself forward. Plus the treadmill route is flat, while running on the street you're going to have to step over uneven parts of the sidewalk, run on a incline and decline. I had brought my garmen watch to measure the distance and in the end he was happy as a clam to have actually completed the 2 miles. In the end I think I enjoy running on the street because I can push him at the right distance and we can run together. So that run was a good one without much pain. =)

Next week I'm going to start Ron running twice a week on the street and the other 2 times will be on the treadmill. So Monday we would run at the gym, Wednesday would be street, Thursday would be gym, and Saturday would be street. In my mind it allows him to recover from the run on the street by running on the treadmill plus it works for our schedules since we would want to run when it was still light out.=)

No comments:

Post a Comment