Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Running Outside

Today I completed a 3 mile run outside. With this run I started with my usual .25 mile warm up and then did the jogging. But I think I started out too fast because I was huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf at the end of the run. I was able to maintain a 10:30 running pace for the 1st half of the run but near the end it was a real struggle. It probably didn't help that it was a lot warmer than I am use to outside. Overall it was a good run even with the struggled ending. It's just one more step in the right direction for training. Eventually I will have stamina to run at a 10:30 pace consistently. 

I also found my white visor with the Gu logo on it from my San Diego marathon. It is elastic on the strap that goes around your head and completely white material on the outside with a black material on the underside of the lid. It seemed like it made the run a lot cooler for me considering my face was nice and shaded. I also bought new sunglasses the other day from Target -- ironman brand. I actually like the brand because they are built for exercising and they fit very well. This set actually stays in place while running and the bottom of the lenses doesn't really touch the tops of my cheeks. This definitely helps not having a raw face from rubbing glasses since when I sweat, it starts to sting on the raw parts. I also made sure to put enough sunblock on my skin so that I don't get all rubbery down the road from too much sun exposure.

But overall it was a nice run even with the sun beating down on me during the run. And to add to that, I had a nice salad for lunch with chicken, onions, pickles, and other stuff on it. It ended up being really good. =) 

Tomorrow will be the 3rd day for the training for Ron at the gym on the coach potato to 5k training. The shoes he bought seem to be really helping him. Before with shoes he would complain of back pains, shin and ankle pains. But now with the new shoes it seems to be doing a lot better. Once I actually have the money, I'll probably also invest in a new pair of running shoes. I'll probably end up going to Road Runners in San Diego since they do a free fitting for what type of shoe fits the way you walk. So I am definitely looking forward to that. =)

Happy Running.

No comments:

Post a Comment