Saturday, August 22, 2009

Run run and run

So the last two workouts were really good. The one on Thursday was the mix of strength training and running, and the strength training was kicking my butt that day. I don't know why since we've been doing the same exercises before, but near the end I was gasping for air. After that day's workout I felt pretty good. Then Friday we had just a run outside. We're in the 3rd week of training and it required to jog 3/4 mile then 1/2 mile then 3/4 mile jog. Ron was able to complete it and is feeling great after the run (before the run was a whole different story =P ). Today's run will be a jog of 2 miles and we'll be doing that outside.

Also today I'm suppose to go get my new running shoes from roadrunners. When I run in my old shoes in a faster pace, the inside of my left foot near the toes starts to hurt. It's like I am pushing against the ground to run instead of my full foot. It might be compensating for my knee since I hurt it a while ago, but hopefully it'll go away once I get new shoes.

This week we'll be registering for the coastwise mile race which has a 5k for us. I'm getting excited because it'll be the first time I get to run a race with Ron. I'm glad the training is going well. =)

1 comment:

  1. YEA...man the couch potatoes are kicking it up. can't wait till we all reach 3 miles :)

    ReplyDelete