Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A start of a new week

It's been a little while since I wrote in this, and that's because I had skipped most of my workouts last week. I had some interviews early on in the week and I was going to work out later in the week. Then I got sunburn pretty bad on my shoulders because I had lunch with a friend outside for several hours last Thursday. And no, it didn't occur to me before the lunch to put on sunscreen....yes failure. So I did not workout last week. It seems like I have tendency to hurt myself consistently.

So here I am, now ready to go yet again. Last night I went to the gym with Ron and we did 20 minute cardio and then our strength training workout A (squats, seated rows, push ups, steps up, etc.). The strength training near the end got me panting like a dog. I can't remember breathing so hard from that workout, but I guess it shows you how much of a slacker I have been on strength training. My 20 minute cardio was biking with intervals in the beginning but then my shin was bothering me. Maybe because I didn't warm up too much before.

Like I mentioned on an earlier post, I think I am setting myself up for failure at this point. I don't have a set schedule of "these are the days we work out and these are the workouts (i.e. running with weights)". Without a schedule to me feels like floundering. It's like saying I am working out to lose weight...and then I get bored while working out since I have no real goal. So today is my rest day so I will write up a schedule for my workouts, and possibly think of the meals I should be eating through the week. I was thinking of investing in a type of planner, but I am not sure at the moment.

So for me, I know when I gain weight when I run in my runner's shorts and it's like starting a fire on my thighs because rub rub they go and chaffing begins. So wearing spandex to the gym is what I will do for now until I lose some weight. And it's amazing that in a span of a week and 1/2 I lost like 3 lbs, then when I stopped the healthy eating and working out I gained it back. I'm not depressed since I kinda had it coming but in my mind it's like, damn it, back to square one.

I really need to force myself to start writing what I have been eating. I don't mean count the calories, because that's making myself do too much at a time and knowing me I'll stop after 1/2 a day. I'm not saying it's bad to write down calories, but I mean if you write salad for lunch and a big mac for dinner, it's not too hard to see where you have gone wrong. Maybe once I get more disciplined in writing my food down, I'll start the calorie counting just to see where I am investing all my calories. My guess at this point are in oreos and red vines. But then again that's just a guess. =)

2 comments:

  1. haha sunburn is no excuse. Yea I'm totally with you on the diet thing. I think I'm gonna do what you're talking about too...write down what I eat . It's more motivating and a slap on the face when you write it down so the next day you would just keep on thinking about it. I think at this point my downfall is my snacks after the gym and work...I don't know why I have a strong urge to eat then. In terms of goals we should set a date for a 5k or 10k then we can work towards that. I think it will keep you going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sunburn is a valid excuse!! Just having the bra strap on the sunburn place hurt, so a sports bra + rubbing + sweat....yeah that's just a formula of PAIN. ha =P I think a goal for a 5K would be a great goal. Ron will probably be joining us with our goal to do the 5K. I'd say if we can find a 5k to run in 2 months, that would be great. We can start looking for some races. =)

    ReplyDelete