Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jog and strength training!

So tonight, I went to the gym again to do the usual 20 minute cardio and the strength training. Since my attention span on the bike had diminished the last time I biked, I decided to run on the treadmill. I did a 5 minute warm up to make sure that my knees didn't complain while I jogged. After the nice warm up and feeling pumped up from not getting any aches from the knees, I jogged for 15 minutes at about 13 :35 mpm (minutes per mile). I ended up running almost 1.5 miles but since we decided on 20 minute cardio, I stopped there. But the run felt good and I wasn't as paranoid of a possible knee going out incident on the treadmill so I enjoyed the run.

After the run, we did the workout B from my book of New Lifting Rules for Women where we did RDLs (Romanian Dead Lifts), dumbbell shoulder presses, lat pull-downs, lunges, and some crunches. RDLs felt pretty good-- 15 seem to be a little much to be doing with that exercise, but overall not too bad. The lunges felt amazingly great so I'll probably increase the weights I carry in my hands to make my legs work more next time. Now for the crunches we did this swiss-ball crunch thing. Either I'm swiss-ball challenged or the exercise isn't very useful. I'm thinking of substituting the exercise with some other type crunch because it doesn't matter how many I do, if it's wrong I'll probably pull something or hurt something....because....*sigh*...I'm just getting old and my body likes to humor me with injuries.

Tomorrow I plan on trying to jog a couple miles outside to see how it feels. My body seems to like running outside than on the treadmill. I also started keeping track of my food today. It was a little rough because I did it at the end of the day, but hopefully it gets easier as time goes on. I'll probably steal the workout schedule Yuh Jiun linked for training for the 10K and just edit it a little bit. I will update tomorrow and hope my knees don't fight with me tomorrow on my run! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment