Sunday, November 29, 2009

After Thanksgiving Health Plan

Haven't been on this for while, but decided once again to keep up with this journal type thing. So, Thanksgiving has past and I have gained several pounds from the Thanksgiving dinner and then the grazing the days after. Before the inhaling of food this past Thursday, I was settling around the weight of 185 lbs -- not too shabby considering that it's right in between my marathon weight of 175 lbs. and my overweight-I-am-unhappy-type weight of 195 lbs. With Xmas rolling around the corner and the rich cooking of Ron's parents and mine...it's inevitable that I will eat a little more than usual. Yes I have accepted this. With my new system in hand (with the Wii board and exercise games) and canoeing training guidelines in the other....off to my new attack on my weight loss/muscle building plan.

Today I tried out a little of the Wii Fit Plus game (if you can call exercising a game or not) and looked pretty cool. They even have an incentive of, the more you are on the console working out you get this pet machine thing that will evolve over the period of time....so of course I'm like, oooooo a new pet! So I am going to try and do yoga 3 times a week (on the Wii) in the early morning hours before work and try the other exercise programs on the game in the evenings. I still have line dancing and yoga class at work (Tuesday and Thursday), so I will be keeping that going. Not to mention I have canoe practice Wednesday and Saturday but that hasn't been really consistent since it's off season. I also have a couple exercises to help with the canoe training (push ups, seated dips, crunches) which I will be doing at lunch 3x a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday).

Yes it looks like a lot but with my butt sitting in my cubicle for 8 hours, I think it balances it out. My weight is settling at 185 lbs, but it's time to start loosing some of that extra weight. ;) I even went through my 32 GBs worth of music and made a Fit playlist since I was getting sick of all my other music. Putting that list together took an hour and a half...so much music!

I have been eating healthy before the on-going Thanksgiving feast. Actually incorporated about 2 fruit per day in my diet (apples and pears, yum!). I have given up on Strawberries...they just end up being mushy and rotten....so yay for apples and pears! I'll probably keep up with that regiment and my usual sandwich type lunch with pretzel and peanut butter "chips". I need to find a good vegetable plan to incorporate because it's hard to bring veggies to work and actually look at them with a "yum veggies" attitude. Fruit I can be like, yum sweet fruit but veggies...well it's veggies. I'll probably try to bring corn with me and start to eat that as a snack or something near the end of the work day.

Like most people, I am starting this regiment Monday since it's the "beginning" of the week. I should probably try to record my food intake... but I am not very motivated in doing that. I don't want to "count" my calories daily because I am already adding all the new exercises....one step at a time. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment